The Big Book of Pagan Prayer teaches us to pray in the ways of our ancestors for very modern times and concerns. Steeped in tradition—“Those of us who call ourselves Pagan owe a debt to all those who came before us”—and based on more than a quarter century of research and practice. Here is an extraordinarily comprehensive collection of payers and rituals for contemporary Pagans from a variety of traditions to turn to again and again.
A unique collection of nearly 500 prayers written to fulfill the needs of contemporary pagans from a variety of traditions, this is a book to turn to again and again. The chapters have been arranged in an order that follows a ritual. With beautiful prayers dedicated to a variety of situations, deities, and Sabbats, this book is a treasure to any spiritual practitioner.
The Big Book of Pagan Prayer and Ritual includes the following:
- The role of prayer, yesterday and today
- The various hidden structures of prayers
- How to pray both with and without words
- Rituals for purification, creating sacred space, protection, prosperity, good health, and more!
- Prayers for specific times of day and special days of the month and year
- Prayers for life, from pregnancy to birth, childhood, first days of school, weddings, aging, and death
- Lists of offerings
- A glossary of deities from many traditions